Travel insurance

  • Ring around and obtain more than one quote
  • Be sure that the company covers for pre existing conditions and ask specifically about HAE
  • You will need to mention any hospital admissions for HAE over the past 12 months
  • HAE UK cannot recommend any particular company, but our members have used the following insurance companies:
    Virgin Travel:
    Free Spirit Travel Insurance:
    Stansted House, Rowlands Castle, Hampshire, PO9 6DX
    Telephone: 0845 230 5000
    All Clear Travel:
    All Clear Insurance Services Ltd, AllClear House, 1 Redwing Court, Ashtom Rd, Romford, Essex, RM3 8QQ
    Telephone: 0845 250 5350
    Freedom Insure:
    Richmond House, 16-20 Regent Street, Cambridge, CB2 1DB
    Telephone: 01223 446914
    Good To Go Insurance:
    Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ
    Telephone: 0844 334 0160
    Staysure Insurance:
    Telephone: 0844 692 8444
    World First Insurance:
    Telephone: 0845 9080161
  • Take the phone contact details of your insurance company with you on your travels
  • If you are travelling within Europe, get a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which is valid for five years. You need this, in addition to other insurance cover to receive free emergency care in EU countries. Find out more at
  • Check out for further details regarding insurance and other aspects of travel